While Cuyahoga Falls is fortunate to already have a low crime rate, the City's goal is to have zero crime and is, therefore, instituting this proactive program.
The Cuyahoga Falls Crime Fighters Anonymous Tip Line (330-971-TIPS) is a way for tips to be submitted anonymously for crimes that may occur in the City of Cuyahoga Falls.
Law enforcement will follow up on tips submitted, and a determination will be made by Crime Fighter officials whether a tip is eligible for a reward and what the amount of that reward will be. Crime Fighters is funded solely through donations, and no city money is involved. The bank account is managed by the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 49.
To Report a Tip
- The tipster will dial the tip line (330) 971-TIPS and press option 1 to speak with a Crime Fighters operator.
- The operator will take down the information and assign a tip number.
- The operator will then instruct the Tipster to hang up and immediately call back on the tip line and choose option 2 to leave a voicemail stating the tip number and a unique password known only to the Tipster. This is the only method Crime Fighters has of identifying the caller for future payment.
To Collect a Reward
- The Tipster will periodically dial the tip line and choose option 3. A message will be played indicating which, if any, tips are currently being paid. If a particular tip is not listed, the Tipster should check again at a later date.
- If the message indicates a tip has been awarded payment, the message will state the tip number and reward amount, and will instruct the Tipster to proceed to a specific bank located within the City of Cuyahoga Falls and give the teller the tip number and password. The teller will then confirm the password and, upon confirmation, pay the designated amount to the Tipster. It is important to note that both the number and password must be provided in order to collect any reward.
Make a Donation
Cash donations are received in the office of the City’s Finance Director located on the second floor of City Hall. Donations made by check should be payable to “FOP 49 Crime Fighters” and can be hand delivered or mailed to the Director of Finance, City of Cuyahoga Falls, 2310 Second Street, Cuyahoga Falls OH 44221.
The promise of anonymity is the most powerful weapon in the fight against crime and is strictly honored by Cuyahoga Falls Crime Fighters. We do not have caller ID. We do not use *69. We do not record phone calls.
Call the Police department at (330) 928-2181.