All homeowner-occupied residential customers of the Cuyahoga Falls Electric System are eligible to receive a home energy audit.
Neighborhood Development Services (NDS) administers this program to qualifying residents.
Home energy audits include the following services:
- Inspect the attic to assess insulation R-value.
- Inspect basement wall insulation.
- Provide a report on the above inspections.
- Inspect house penetrations from the inside and outside to make sure they are sealed properly.
- Inspect the condition of the HVAC unit and water heater and also ensure insulation is sufficient on both systems.
- Provide energy efficiency educational materials including information regarding the frequency of changing HVAC filters, recommended thermostat settings on the house and hot water heater, energy savings from the use of efficient light bulbs, and recommended home insulation locations and R-values.
Eligibility to participate is subject to the following rules:
- Only homeowner-occupied customer residences can be audited.
- Home energy audits are only available while funds last and may be subject to change without prior notice.
Please contact Kelley Palone of Neighborhood Development Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-297-6400 ext. 224, with questions or to schedule an audit.