- Do I own the carts?
- What if I move?
- What if my cart is stolen?
- Who is responsible for repairing and cleaning the carts?
- What if I have more trash than what the cart can hold?
- What if I have a special event or a party and more trash than one cart can handle?
- How will appliances and bulky items be handled?
- What types of special cleanup periods will be offered? What items are acceptable?
Do I own the carts?
The carts are property of the City of Cuyahoga Falls which is marked on each cart.
What if I move?
The cart is coded to the address, so if moving, leave the cart behind. If you move within the City of Cuyahoga Falls a cart will be delivered reflecting your service request.
What if my cart is stolen?
The city will replace your cart free of charge. Please contact the sanitation division at (330) 971-8010 for assistance.
Who is responsible for repairing and cleaning the carts?
The city is responsible for any repairs on the cart. Please contact the sanitation division at (330) 971-8010 for assistance. A trained employee will be sent out to repair the necessary part, or replace the cart if needed. Pending the time of your request, this typically would be same-day service.
The resident is responsible for cleaning the cart.
What if I have more trash than what the cart can hold?
Larger families may find that an additional 95-gallon cart is needed to handle their waste and recycling needs as overstuffed carts where the lid cannot close are not accepted. An additional waste cart may be made available at $5.00 per month to Full Service Customers.
Limited Service Customers will be limited to the 65-gallon cart volume, but if the customer is experiencing difficulty with accommodating their trash needs, the Division of Sanitation is available to work with you and provide recommendations.
Contact the utility billing department at (330) 971-8250 to order an additional cart.
What if I have a special event or a party and more trash than one cart can handle?
A 10 Bag Party Pack is available for all Full Service Customers once each year at no additional cost. Each following request has a $15 fee. The party pack provides pick-up of up to ten (10) bags in addition to your cart, that will be collected curbside on your regular service day. All trash must be properly contained in plastic trash bags.
Limited Service Customers will be charged a $15 fee for each 10 Bag Party Pack.
Please contact the Division of Sanitation 24 hours in advance of your party at (330) 971-8010 to place your request for the 10 Bag Party Pack.
How will appliances and bulky items be handled?
A bulky item is one that, even if the trash cart was empty, it would not fit. Full-Service Customers may enjoy two (2) bulky items or appliances for pick-up each week complimentary with service (Must be requested in advance). This includes the following:
- Refrigerated & Other Appliances: Place at curb on collection day.
- Couches & Mattresses: Place at curb on collection day.
- Carpet: Installer may take carpet, or place it at the curb on collection day. Carpet and padding must be rolled and taped or tied no longer than 5 feet. Only put out one room's worth of carpet per week.
- Construction Materials: Permit holders are responsible for the disposal of construction debris.
- Cardboard: Flatten cardboard and place in the blue-lidded recycle cart or take it to the recycle drop-off site on Gaylord Grove at Hudson Drive.
- Styrofoam: This material is not recyclable.
What types of special cleanup periods will be offered? What items are acceptable?
The city offers three (3) special trash cleanup periods for our customers. During the pre-determined weeks, there is no limit to additional bagged trash. Ample advertising for special pickups will take place at the appropriate time.
- Spring Cleanup: The first two (2) full weeks in May are designated for spring cleanup every year.
- Fall Cleanup: Fall cleanup occurs during the first two (2) full weeks in September of every year.
- Holiday Cleanup: For one (1) week, holiday cleanup takes place on your first trash pickup date after Christmas Day.