Through the use of CDBG funds, Mayor Don Walters is pleased to offer a complimentary Residential Senior Snow Removal Program.
The program provides vouchers for driveway plow service in times of snow related weather events. It is designed to make it easier for lower income residents get to leave their homes for necessities such as picking up prescriptions, groceries and getting to medical appointments.
This is an income qualifying program for any full-time Cuyahoga Falls resident, 65 years or older, with no able-bodied person residing in the home, or an income qualifying person with a doctor verified disability. Please fill out the application in its entirety, and return it with the required documentation as soon as possible. The documentation that needs to be attached to the application is as follows:
- Proof of Homeowners Insurance. (The current declarations page. Not the entire policy.)
- Current pay stubs for all those working in the household over 18 years of age. (2 months worth)
- SSI, Disability, or Pension, most current statement or letter providing monthly or yearly amount received with current date.
- Checking, Savings, Certificate of Deposit, Assets, and Investments etc. statements. (3 months worth)
- Self Employed – provide the most recent income tax returns (3 years)
- If applicable, provide a letter from your physician documenting your disability.
2019-2020 Winter Schedule
We are currently seeking a contractor for the 2019-2020 snow season. Proposals are due on September 13, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Find details here on the Residential Senior Snow Removal Program Request for Proposal.
The deadline to apply for the Residential Senior Snow Removal Program is no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 31. Applications may be returned to the Community Development Department located on the first floor at 2310 Second Street.
Those needing assistance in filling out paperwork or identifying required documentation, may call Peggy Szalay, CDBG Administrator at 330.971.8173 for Tuesday morning appointments during the month of September. Appointments will be held in the Community Development Department at City Hall.
For more information, please call the CDBG Administrator at (330) 971-8173 or email Szalaypl@cityofcf.com.