The City of Cuyahoga Falls will join Munroe Falls, Silver Lake, and Stow in a cold-weather donation drive benefiting the Peter Maurin Center.
"These donations will help local families and individuals experiencing hardship," stated Mayor Don Walters. "With colder weather upon us, it is important that we look out for one another and help where we can."
The donation drive runs through Friday, December 16. Cuyahoga Falls residents may drop off donations in the lobby of the Police Department, 2310 Second Street. Additionally, there will be a drive-thru collection event at Cuyahoga Falls City Hall on Saturday, December 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
DONATION ITEMS NEEDED AND ACCEPTED – MUST BE NEW OR GENTLY WORN
- Boots - waterproof, men's (10-12), women's (all sizes)
- Hoodies - men's w/zipper, L, XL (Fruit of the Loom - cotton)
- Flashlight and Batteries - any
- Backpacks - daypack adult type - sizes: 20L or 40L
- Hand Warmers - many needed
- Socks - large athletic or wool - many needed
- Gloves – brown jersey or thermal
- Boxer Briefs - men, all sizes, Gildan covered waistband multipack
- Underwear - women, all sizes, cotton briefs
- Meal Cards - McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, etc.
- One Day Akron Metro Bus Passes
- Money - 100% goes towards the homeless - PayPal, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peter Maurin Center is a nonprofit organization that offers hot meals, shelter, clothing, and comfort to unsheltered and marginalized people.