All commercial and industrial customers of the Cuyahoga Falls Electric System are invited to apply for rebates on energy efficiency projects.
See the Terms and Conditions for the applicable program year below on how rebate amounts are to be calculated. Rebate incentive funds are limited and are awarded on a first come first serve basis each year.
The rebate must be approved and the site inspected BEFORE the project has begun. Information on how to apply for a rebate is listed below.
The Energy Consumption Savings in KWH/year and the Energy Demand Reduction in KW per monthly billing period (in a summer month) must be computed per Section 1.15 of the Terms and Conditions. The Energy Cost savings in dollars per year must be calculated using the electric rate calculator.
Project eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The energy efficiency project must be installed at a non-residential customer facility where the electric is received from the Cuyahoga Falls Electric System.
- The project must have the intention of reducing the customer's electrical consumption and peak demand.
- The project must result in permanent reduction of greater than 7,500 KWH per year in electricity usage.
- The project must have a simple payback period of less than 7 years.
- The project site must be inspected and the project approved for a rebate in writing prior to the start of the project.
Projects that are not eligible for an incentive include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fuel switching (e.g. electric to gas or gas to electric)
- On-site electricity generation
- Used or rebuilt equipment
- And studies or energy audits.
- Customer fills out a Pre-Approval Application. Pre-Approval Applications will be accepted through October 18, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. A site visit will be conducted to view the equipment before the project is started.
- Pre-Approval Applications will be reviewed and customers will be notified about project eligibility and maximum rebate amount. The applicant will be notified in writing of pre-approval and will receive the funding reservation agreement to sign.
- The applicant must then sign and return the funding reservation agreement within 30 days of receipt.
- The applicant performs the energy efficiency project as agreed within one year of signing the funding reservation agreement.
- Within 60 days of project completion, applicant submits Final Application to request the rebate.
- Project completion is reviewed. The review process may include a site visit. The rebate amount may be adjusted if the installed project is not exactly as what was approved.
- Approved rebate checks are mailed to the applicant.
Please note that all dates are subject to change.
Send applications to: The City of Cuyahoga Falls, C/O Becky McCleary, 2310 Second Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221.
To inquire, contact: