Mayor Don Walters is pleased to announce the City of Cuyahoga Falls River-City Cleanup Series, a new sustainability initiative that furthers the city’s continual effort to be good community stewards of the environment, parks systems, and Cuyahoga River. The event series will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., with cleanup efforts focused on the heart of the city, Downtown Cuyahoga Falls.
Each cleanup will be sponsored by a local Cuyahoga Falls business and will feature educational displays on environmental topics from the City of Cuyahoga Falls Sanitation and Water Department, Summit Soil and Water Conservation District, and Summit e-Waste Recycling Solutions. Providing continual educational resources is an important goal and vital to creating effective and long-term change to becoming a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly community.
Attendees will be able to win prizes from the sponsors on the day of the cleanup, and if they attend two or more cleanups, they will be entered into a raffle to win bigger prizes from all three sponsors.
April 16th Cleanup sponsored by Conservation on the Cuyahoga
- Partnering with Village of Silver Lake for a cleanup on their part of the river at the Silver Lake Recreation Campus (2961 Kent Road) from 8:30–9:45 a.m.
- Located at Water Works Little Stone Shelter
- Educational resources provided by Burning River Adventures and Rubber City Reuse
May 21st Cleanup sponsored by Downtown Cuyahoga Falls Partnership
- Located at High Bridge Glens Park
- Educational resources provided by HiHO Brewing Co.
- Refreshments on-site from Sandy Bottom Bowls
June 25th Cleanup sponsored by HiHO Brewing Co.
- Located at River Front Park
- Educational resources provided by Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society
Those who are interested in signing up for the cleanup series or for individual events may visit https://www.cityofcf.com/form/spring-cleanup-series. For questions or additional information, please contact Public Utilities and Community Outreach Coordinator Bryce Pulley at 330.971.8287 or email@example.com.