2022 Parks and Recreation Summer Girls’ Softball
- Who? Any girl who will be 6 years old by June 1, 2022, through any girl who turns 16 years old after June 1, 2022
- What? An instructional softball program designed to introduce the game to girls
- When? Practice begins the week of June 6th and games will be played from the end of June to the end of July
- Where? Practices and games will be at Keyser Park ball fields between 4:30-9:00 pm during the week (no weekends)
- Registration? In person registration will be held Saturday,
- May 7 from 10:00 am-1:00 pm, at the Quirk Cultural Center, 1201 Grant Avenue, 330.971.8425.
- May 14 10:00am-1:00p, at the Natatorium in the Lincoln room, 2345 Fourth St, 330.971.8080.
- Online registration will open April 18th and go thru May 20th. To register online use the following link https://www.amilia.com/store/en/cuyahoga-falls/shop/programs
- Cost? $35.00 for all age groups
Please bring your registration fee, and one of your parents to register May 7, or May 14. After all, registrations are taken, we will assign you to a team. The registration fee is to help cover the cost of umpires, equipment, and the shirt that each girl receives and keeps at the end of the season.
Calendar of Events
- Saturday, May 7, 10:00 am–1:00 pm: Registration at Quirk Cultural Center
- Saturday, May 14, 10:00 am-1:00 pm: Registration at Quirk Cultural Center
- Week of June 6: Players will have been notified of the first practice and practices begin
- Week of June 20: Games begin
- Week of July 25: Completion of the league schedule
A word to the parents about the program
The Girls' Softball Program is an activity organized by the Cuyahoga Falls Parks and Recreation Department. It is designed as an instructional program intended to introduce the game of softball to girls. As in other recreation programs, all participants, spectators, and supervisors must keep in mind that the provisions for wholesome play and recreation are the primary purpose while gaining athletic skill or winning games is purely secondary. There are three age groups in which the girls can participate: 6-8-year-olds, 9-11-year-olds, and 12-15-year-olds. The program will begin the week of June 6th and run through the week of July 25th, with all games played on weekday (Mon-Fri) evenings. Practices and all games will be played at the Keyser Park ball fields. Teams are usually scheduled two games per week, depending on the number of teams in that division.
We will need parents to help coach teams! If you would like to get involved in an enjoyable program as a coach or assistant coach, please email Jason!
Additional questions please call or email Jason Pullin at 330-971-8228 - firstname.lastname@example.org.