Through the use of CDBG funds, Mayor Don Walters is pleased to present a complimentary Residential Senior Snow Removal Program.
The program provides vouchers for driveway plow service in times of snow related weather events. It is designed to make it easier for lower income residents get to leave their homes for necessities such as picking up prescriptions or groceries, and getting to medical appointments.
This is an income qualifying program for any full-time Cuyahoga Falls resident, 65 years or older, with no able-bodied person residing in the home, or an income qualifying person with a doctor verified disability. Please fill out the application in its entirety, and return it with the required documentation as soon as possible. The documentation that needs to be attached to the application is as follows:
- Proof of Homeowners Insurance. (The current declarations page. Not the entire policy.)
- Current pay stubs for all those working in the household over 18 years of age. (2 months worth)
- SSI, Disability, or Pension, most current statement or letter providing monthly or yearly amount received with current date.
- Checking, Savings, Certificate of Deposit, Assets, and Investments etc. statements. (3 months worth)
- Self Employed – provide the most recent income tax returns (3 years)
- If applicable, provide a letter from your physician documenting your disability.
2017-2018 Winter Schedule
We are currently seeking a contractor for the 2017-2018 snow season. Proposals are due on September 14, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
Find details here on the Residential Senior Snow Removal Program Request for Proposal.
The deadline to apply for the Residential Senior Snow Removal Program is no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, October 31. Applications may be returned to the Community Development Department located on the first floor at 2310 Second Street.
Those needing assistance in filling out paperwork or identifying required documentation, may meet experts on Tuesday, September 26 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. in the Cuyahoga Room at the Natatorium, 2345 Fourth Street.
For more information, please call the CDBG/Entitlement Administrator at (330) 971-8140 or email Crawford-Smith@cityofcf.com.