City of Cuyahoga Falls Trick-or-Treat to be held Saturday, October 28, from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Oct 11, 2017
Mayor Don Walters is pleased to announce that the City of Cuyahoga Falls will hold Trick-or-Treat on Saturday, October 28, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Trick-or-Treat will follow the annual Halloween Spooktacular being held at Keyser Barn in Keyser Park, 851 W. Bath Road, from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
The city would like to remind residents of the following trick-or-treat safety tips:
- Trick-or-treat in a group or with an adult.
- Be sure your parents always know where you are going to trick-or-treat.
- Only visit homes that have the porch light on.
- Walk, don’t run, and stay on sidewalks.
- Look both ways before crossing streets and only cross the street at corners.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Accept treats only in doorways. Never go into a house.
- Keep away from candles and open fires.
- Let parents check your treats before you eat them.
- Never eat unwrapped candy, opened candy or fruit given to you on Halloween.
- Turn your porch light on and keep your yard well-lit if you plan to pass out treats. Turn your lights off if you will not be home to discourage children from approaching your property.
- Make sure your yard is clear of all objects (examples: ladders, hoses, dog leashes or flower pots) that may pose a risk of injury to young children.
- Battery-powered jack-o’lantern candles are preferable to open flames.
- If you do use candles, place the pumpkin away from trick-or-treaters.
- Drive slowly, with caution, all evening.
Mayor Walters would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween!