City of Cuyahoga Falls Presented with Auditor of State Award with Distinction
Oct 03, 2017
Mayor Don Walters is proud to announce that on Monday, October 2, 2017, the City of Cuyahoga Falls was awarded the Auditor of State Award with Distinction for a clean audit report. The award is based on excellent record keeping. The award was presented at the Cuyahoga Falls City Council meeting.
“We are incredibly honored to receive the Auditor of State Award with Distinction from Auditor of State Dave Yost,” stated Mayor Walters. “I am proud of our Finance team here at the City of Cuyahoga Falls for continuing to produce exceptional financial reports in the spirit of transparency and full disclosure.”
“Good finance is important to everything government does,” State of Ohio Auditor Dave Yost said. “Sound budgetary decisions depend on clean and accurate books.”
According to the Auditor of State’s office, the Auditor of State Award with Distinction is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
- No other financial or other concerns exist that involve eligible entity.