City of Cuyahoga Falls Electric Department Urges Customers to Reduce Usage on Thursday, July 18, and Friday, July 19, Due To Extreme Temperatures
Jul 17, 2019
Temperatures are expected to reach upward of 90 degrees on both Thursday, July 18, and Friday, July 19, 2019. The City of Cuyahoga Falls is urging all electric customers to reduce their electric usage during the hours of 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
A portion of City of Cuyahoga Falls rates are the result of transmission and capacity charges, which are based off community-wide electric demand on the hottest days of the year – demand peaks. By lowering electric usage on these days, customers can help keep electric rates lower in the future.
Customers can reduce their electric usage by:
· Shutting off lights when leaving unattended rooms
· Raising the thermostat by several degrees
· Closing curtains and blinds
· Saving laundry, dishes and other household chores until later in the evening
· Turning off and unplugging unused electronics and appliances
· Grilling out instead of cooking indoors