City of Cuyahoga Falls Announces the 2017 Leaf Pick-up Program
Sep 26, 2017
Mayor Don Walters announces that the 2017 Citywide Leaf Pick-up Program will begin Monday, October 23, 2017, and run through Monday, November 20, 2017.
Each residence receives two (2) scheduled leaf pick-up dates. To check scheduled pick-up dates and routes, please visit www.cityofcf.com. Note: These dates may not follow your regular sanitation collection date.
- Please do not park cars along streets during your scheduled pick-up days, as it may be impossible to remove the leaves.
- Leaves must be raked to the curb in loose piles by 7:00 a.m. on the day of pick-up.
- Leaves will not be picked up if mixed with limbs and debris.
- Residents are reminded not to rake leaves into the street as this may cause clogging of the storm sewers and could result in serious flooding during heavy rains.
- Crews may pick up bulk piles of leaves a day or two in advance of your scheduled date; however, they will return to your area on your regularly scheduled pick-up day.
- Inclement weather conditions or holidays may cause minor variations in the pick-up dates.
Before the leaf pick-up program commences and after your last pick-up date only leaves placed in brown paper yard waste bags or tan yard waste carts will be collected curbside by the Sanitation Division following the regular trash collection schedule.
Do not place leaves in plastic bags or any other container for trash pickup. This is prohibited by City ordinance. Rulings of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency prohibit all open burning, including leaves. A Citizen’s Guide for Home Composting is available through the Sanitation Division.
Residents with questions regarding the 2017 Leaf-pickup Program, such as up-to-date pick-up schedule information may call the Leaf Pick-up Hotline at (330) 971-8031.